Silently Install CutePDF Writer and Ghostscript
I was quite recently looking to find a way to install CutePDF Writer silently (like most corporate setups) as to keep user interaction to a minimum. Getting CutePDF Writer fully installed consists of intsalling both the writer itself, as well as the GPL Ghostscript. Here’s the fix:
- Download the Ghostscript converter.
- Rename converter.exe to converter.zip.
- Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Run converter\Setup.exe.
- Download the CutePDF Writer installer.
- Run CuteWriter.exe /verysilent. Using the /silent switch also works, but shows the status of the unattended installation.
Pretty simple. I opted to combine the two into a batch file:
converter\setup.exe cutewriter.exe /verysilent rd "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\CutePDF" /S /Q